enthalpy

Friday, July 23, 2010


Are you like me? Do you like a frosty beer just about as much as you enjoy a dead rodent? Do you enjoy the beady, moribund eye balls of a dead rat staring you in the face as you take a pull off some really expensive beer? Then boy howdy do I have a beer for you.
The dead animals which were used to create the beers' unusual appearance were four squirrels, seven weasels and a hare. All were roadkill, James Watt, co-founder of BrewDog, told msnbc.com.

The name of the blond Belgian ale is taken from the title of a book by philosopher Francis Fukuyama, "The End of History and the Last Man" which the company said had been chosen to imply "this is to beer what democracy is to history."
Did democracy make history 10 times stronger than it needs to be and wrap it with a dead-rat coozie? I missed that day in my American History class.
Asked about animal rights concerns, Watt said: "It was all roadkill we got from a taxidermist. They are all animals that were dead anyway. We think to use dead animals in this way is much better than for them to be left to rot on the roadside."
Perfect. I was just going to let that roadkill become maggot food, but then I thought it would make great insulation for my beer.



Does your beer taste a little skunky, or is it just mine?




Home