enthalpy

Monday, November 22, 2010


Hugh Prather, the real life Jack Handy, has died.
Hugh Prather, a self-help author whose first book, “Notes to Myself,” put an aphoristic finger on the pulse of the ’70s, has sold more than five million copies and inspired the long-running “Saturday Night Live” segment “Deep Thoughts,” died on Nov. 15 at his home in Tucson. He was 72.

Mr. Prather died in his hot tub, apparently of a heart attack, his wife, Gayle, said.
What they don't tell you is that EVERYONE in Tucson dies in a hot tub. This has to be my favorite:
One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said. "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down, he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.



Home