enthalpy

Saturday, January 08, 2011


Here come the dumb Stupor Bowl commercials. This one's getting a bit of attention for being a bit too "edgy." I don't think it's going to go over very well with the transubstantiation crowd.
Since it's his job to offer spiritual food to the flock, he takes it to another level (the pits, I'd say). The video shows the faithful lining up for Communion and getting Doritos (in two flavors, no less) instead of the wafer (which Catholics believe is the body of Christ and others see as symbolic of Christ). And, you guessed it, the wine, considered by Catholics to be the blood of Christ, is dished out as Pepsi MAX.
I don't know. It's pretty tacky, but offensive? That may be a stretch. But those offended by such things aren't know for their levity.



Reminds me of the joke about the Atkins friendly communion wafer, hilariously titled "I Can't Believe it's Not Jesus!"



Home