enthalpy

Sunday, December 11, 2011


I had the misfortune of watching 10 minutes of the 987th Republican debate, and I just happened to catch the part where Mitt bet Rick Perry $10k whether or not RomneyCare required participation.
Mitt Romney challenged Texas Gov. Rick Perry’s claims that the former Massachusetts governor backed a requirement that individuals purchase health care coverage.

“I’m just saying, you’re for individual mandates, my friend,” Perry told Romney during Saturday evening’s debate, returning to a criticism that has dogged Romney’s campaign.

“You’ve raised that before, Rick, and you’re simply wrong,” Romney responded, extending his hand toward Perry. “Rick, I’ll tell you what, 10,000 bucks?”
So was it too much money that shows how Mitt is out of touch with the middle class? What about when middle class people say "I'll be you a million dollars . . . " If anything, for someone whose personal net worth is pushing a quarter billion dollars, $10,000 sounds a little low for an exaggerated wager. Unless, of course, he had it on him. In cash. Which he probably did.

But coming from a religion that doesn't allow drinking alcohol or even caffeine, why is Mit gambling, anyway? I'm sure that's not cool.



Home