enthalpy

Thursday, July 22, 2004


I guess it's more personal than a t-shirt or a key chain, right?
Young travelers and sex tourists are returning from exotic locations with more than just tans and souvenirs. For some, infections such as syphilis and HIV are lingering reminders of a holiday romance.

"A large proportion of people are having sexual intercourse with new partners when they go abroad...
I hate to interrupt, but this story really should more clearly define what "going abroad" means in this sentence
...and are putting themselves at risk of sexually transmitted infections (STIs)," said Dr Karen Rogstad of the Royal Hallamshire Hospital in Sheffield, England.

In a report published in the British Medical Journal on Friday, Rogstad reviewed research studies on STIs and searched global health Web Sites and others that could be expected to provide information about traveling to other countries.
Here's a marketing idea: Combine your travel-acquired STD with a t-shirt! "I spent a week in Jamaica and all I got was this lousy burning sensation when I pee." I'm sure Cafe Press would jump at the chance to put that slogan on a t-shirt. Or even better. . . a thong. They've already got one that says "Pork Sword."

Also reminds me of a hilarious SNL commercial, "Bad Idea Jeans."
Guy #2: Normally I wear protection, but then I thought, "When am I gonna make it back to Haiti?"
Once again, life imitates SNL.



Home