enthalpy

Tuesday, February 22, 2005


Long-time readers will know I'm no fan of radio, Internet or otherwise, so it was with a bit of trepidation that I embarked on bootliquor.com. And at first, I was pretty impressed with it. Hell, I had no idea that Cracker put out an EP of country covers, and I'll say they do a pretty good job with Dwight and Bocephus covers. But. If I hear this song one more freakin' time, I think I'm going to split my skull:
Lucinda Williams And David Crosby - Return Of The Grievous Angel
I don't know what it is about it. I know any radio is going to repeat stuff, but I find it odd that that particular song is so heavy in the cycle. I've heard it everytime I've had bootliquor on for more than ten minutes, so when I punched it up this afternoon, I searched the "Past 50 songs" to see if it was there. It wasn't. Sure enough, in about 15 minutes, here comes Lucinda and David.

Ya know, both of those people have quite an amazing catalog of work. . . maybe it's time to put that one out to pasture.



Home