enthalpy

Wednesday, April 13, 2005


Somehow, I knew we hadn't heard the last out of Susan Wright. Instead of just wanting a new trial, now she's asking for one.
A woman convicted of stabbing her husband 193 times and burying his body in the back yard deserves a new trial because prosecutors inaccurately dramatized the killing in front of the jury, her attorneys said.

Susan Wright, 28, wants the court to overturn her murder conviction in the Jan. 13, 2003 killing of Jeffrey Wright. A former topless dancer, Susan Wright is serving a 25 year sentence for the crime.

Her attorney, Brian Wice, told the 14th Court of Appeals that Harris County prosecutor Kelly Siegler Wice presented to the jury a demonstration of the death that wasn't based on fact.
I would love to hear how that confidential conversation went down. I have to imagine it went something like this, "Uh, when that lady lawyer straddled that dude in the bed I killed my husband in, she didn't tie him up near tight enough, and those short, reaching blows with the butcher knife weren't even close to what I did. How could I have done that 193 times??

Or something like that. The wheels of justice are slow, Susan, especially after you bury the body in your backyard.



Home