enthalpy

Monday, January 22, 2007


I remember the day when you could tube down the river, drunk off your ass, and happily enjoy your sunburn. That was before New Braunfels was taken over by Nazis.
A slate of new ordinances poised for City Council approval are meant to rein in rowdy tubers on the Comal and Guadalupe rivers before the summer tubing season arrives, city leaders said.

The City Council planned to consider rules today to curb alcohol use by banning open alcohol containers at several riverfront parks and by limiting the size of coolers on the rivers to those that hold only a six-pack.
What?!? Tube the river with only a six-pack? If I'm going to be sitting in water for three hours, it's my god given right to drink my weight in cheep, domestic beer. Six-pack? Shit, why don't I just stay at home and sit in the tub?
Update: Thanks to the long-time reader that knows I don't know how to spell. Your "editor" check is in the mail.

Labels:




Home